Friday, July 23, 2010

Portraits


Photographing people has always intrigued me since growing up around my dad's photography studio in New Jersey. I was helping my dad photograph portraits when I was just learning to walk. He taught me how to use the backdrops, flash umbrellas, and medium format film cameras. He set up his first darkroom in the basement of his girlfriend's home (now his wife and my mom). I could only imagine what it must have been like for him to develop his images for the first time and magically see them appear before his eyes. My favorite part of developing photographs in the darkroom was watching the white paper turn into an image right before your eyes. Thanks to my dad my interest in photography began at an early age, now at 32 I have been a full time professional (landscape photography being my only source of income) for the past 7 years. It is unbelievable how fast time flies when you are doing what you love.



No comments:

Post a Comment